Wednesday 23 August 2017

Crap Service and Outright Lies

Greetings and welcome to my first rant.
Is it just my imagination, ( which I will admit can sometimes run away with me. ) or has customer service and satisfaction become a thing of the past for a lot of companies?

The reason I am posing this question is I recently ordered some spares for my bike from the nice people at Wemoto, the problem is not with them I hasten to add, they have been fine and very helpful.

No the problem lies with the courier service they chose to deliver the package, a very large and well known company as it happens, who operate world wide and who you would think operated a decent service, not so. Let me explain.

 I placed my order late on the 11th, when having got to the 21st it had not arrived I was a little miffed to say the least, (actually I was effing livid). So I checked the e-mail from Wemoto which gave me tracking information.

 I was directed to the courier services web site where after inputting the tracking number it said that they had received the package on the 14th fair enough, then it said that it was out for delivery and delivery had been attempted and a card left on the 15th.

 This was and is an outright lie! There was no delivery and no card on this day or any other, and I know this because there was someone in all day on the 15th, and virtually everyday since and for eleven weeks previously on account of our new puppy who is an absolute pain and has to be supervised constantly in case the larger two dogs eat him.

It says a lot that I could not find a contact number anywhere obvious on their web site with which I could ring to complain, I can only assume there was a number on the card I never received, which now I think of it is really convenient for them not so much for everyone else.

To my mind this is a totally wrong state of affairs, this huge company is not only short changing me it is short changing a lot of smaller companies who are relying on them to deliver their goods, had I not bothered to check I might well have laid the blame for the poor service I have received at Wemoto's door which would have been an injustice, especially as it was to them I had to turn in order to sort out re-delivery.

Incidentally, when I rang wemoto to sort it out I was informed that mine was not the first query/complaint that they have received about this courier service, and undoubtedly it wont be the last, until that is they take their custom elsewhere? or their present provider pull their finger out.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the latter of those two options however, because it seems to me the bigger a company gets the more they forget the old adage the customer is always right.

What is the name of the huge courier service that sparked this missive I hear you ask, none other than FedEx consider yourselves named and shamed, though I doubt it will bother you.

ADDENDUM
After I had contacted wemoto to sort things out my wife finally found a contact number for FedEx on their website but she had to go through a few pages to find it and she is a lot better with computers than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment